J did an awesome job with the refreshments. She actually made this large cherry chip cake that was too big for the refreshment plates. The best was this berry punch she made that she sprinkled with fresh strawberries, blue berries, and black berries.
The only "game" we played was everyone got a 3x5 card and wrote down a question they wanted to ask me to get to know me better, then write down a piece of advice, and then I got to open their gift. Baby Bean got some new clothes, dishes for when she gets a bit older, a few toys, and some bath items.
I realized this week that the baby could technically come any day, and that I don't want my house to be a mess when she does. I don't think I am technically nesting, so much as I realize I will be having a c-section and cleaning my house after getting home from the hospital in anticipation of my mom coming is probably not going to be in the cards. I also realized that I only do laundry every two weeks and what if Baby Bean decides to make her appearance toward the end of the second week? I won't have any clean clothes! I decided I had probably better be a bit more on the ball about getting and keeping the house clean and doing laundry at least once a week. So yesterday I tried to go nuts cleaning before the baby shower, knowing full well it would knock me on my butt and I would end up spending all day Sunday sleeping, which is exactly what happened. At least my house is clean if the baby comes this week. Sadie even got a deshedding brush out today, much to her dismay.
I have been so exhausted lately I can barely keep my eyes open. Hubs and I have been getting in some extra cuddle time because I have been craving contact with him, but I can never manage to stay awake for long after we sit down to watch a show. Mags has been really snuggly too, which I just love. I can't count the number of times the dogs and I have sacked out on the couch together over the past couple weeks. I guess I'm just trying to get the good sleeping in while I can before the big day.
Now if I could just get my allergies to lighten up a bit...






5 Thoughts:
Yey, I'm glad it went well! Seems like those ladies are really sensitive to new people's tendency to get overwhelmed. And it's great that you've met someone who could become a really good friend! Aren't diaper cakes great? I'm getting ready to make one for a friend - mostly in payback of her making one for me out of an entire case of diapers that took me over 2 HOURS to take apart! :)
Don't overdo the cleaning - maybe you can find someone to help? Or find a way to not worry about it? Yeah, that one's tough. :) You should hear my flu/hospital/cleaning story sometime...just know that your house can't be worse than that when you have company show up!
Cute stuff, girl! Glad everything went smoothly with the shower. ;)
Don't overwork yourself cleaning, as impossible as it is. I know I like to overdo it often and the exhaustion and sore back is just never worth it. You have to save that energy for one cute little missy soon to turn your world upside down?!
(on a side note-wasn't it a glorious day outside today? I didn't even need a coat for church, I just soaked up that sunny cool weather!)
I'm sooooo glad it went okay and is over! Yay!
Getting so close now, I'm truly looking forward to 'meeting' your babe and hearing your thoughts on being Mom.
I'm glad that the shower went better than what you thought it would. I'm glad that you got to know more of the ladies and made a new friend.
It's getting SO close!!! I'm so excited for you!!
Post a Comment