Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Instincts?

I feel like things must be getting close. This past week I have felt like I absolutely had to get the house cleaned up, all grocery shopping to stock up had to be done, as well as purchasing any remaining necessary baby items. On top of those instincts, I am pretty sure I have been experiencing some prelabor symptoms, which I will not go into at this point.

I have also felt like my time at work before the baby comes is limited, and so have been busting my butt to get my latest document to a state where an outside company can take over it for me. It didn't help that the FDA has apparently decided to audit my company this week, which has thrown all current priorities off task for everyone, including me. Instead of finishing the reformatting of my document on Friday, I got to spend the day in emergency meetings and cleaning up my desk. I did jokingly tell my PM that now that my desk was cleaned up, I could have my baby any day. I just hope it is before Thursday when the auditor is supposed to set foot through the door. I don't particularly wish to be questioned about my job.

As it turns out mother nature also wishes to thwart my plans to have a clean house. I suppose I overdid things a bit on Friday when I went to the grocery store to stock up. I'm not sure I've ever pushed such a heavy cart before. I was really hurting by the time I got out of there. Then yesterday Hubs and I had our marathon parenting class, followed by a last minute stop to BRU, a quickie massage for my shoulder, Tar.get to stock up for the dogs, and then dinner. When I went to get in the shower last night, I looked down and noticed my massive elephant feet that used to be my feet. They were so huge they had dimples. They are still so huge I have a hard time getting them to flex to go down stairs. I've spent all of today pretty much with my feet up in a feeble and vain attempt at getting the swelling to go down. I'm not looking forward to figuring out the footwear situation for tomorrow, since I seriously doubt they will fit into shoes at this point.

Now I'm off to do a bit of work for Hubs, since it is pretty much the only thing I can do from a sitting position with my feet propped up.

5 Thoughts:

seussgirl said... [Reply to comment]

Hah - I managed to leave my job before a possible situation turned ugly, however mother nature also thwarted my plans to get organized before the babies got here. I quit Feb. 28th, planning on babies in April or early May, and they came March 6th. No "nesting" for me!

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! You are Super Mom already!
I'm getting really excited as I'm sure are you. It sucks that your work has gotten a little more complicated, but it sounds like you have things under control.
Your poor feet though. My feet used to swell too and I *always* forgot that you have to put them above/at your heart line to make any difference. Doh!

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

It's too bad that you have swollen feet. I just hope it doesn't get so bad that your toes no longer touch the ground and you have to give up on even wearing flip flops. Just try to have them up whenever you get the chance. Plus, you will be having the baby in no time. I can't beleive your so close. I was thinking about it the other day and it doesn't seem like it has been that long but then I remembered that you moved before you got prego and it seems like you've moved forever ago. :(

Steph said... [Reply to comment]

Chelle,
I have been thinking of you NON-stop for 5 days now. As one of my Christmas presents, Dave surprised me with tickets to The Phantom of the Opera in Vegas. We spent much of our time at The Venetian. So naturally I thought of you the entire time. We had a blast. I will have to post about it when I get a chance. Glad to hear you are doing pretty well. Sorry about your swollen feet. Your dream was great. Sounds like the shower went great too. I am happy that it turned out so well and you managed just fine. Thinking of you! Wish you were here to make a Wal-Mart run with me today. Love you!

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

You have been pregnant forever. ;) I have never been as pregnant as you! That is wonderful. ;) HAHAHA I can't wait to come and see you. Wait until you see Kate. She is such a big girl now to.

Love you Betsy!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary