I wish that the only reason I didn't sleep was due to contractions, but for some reason an all over, insane, insatiable itching has set in. If it can itch, it does, and with a vengeance! Each individual finger and toe and their respective pads, on top of them, on the bottom of them, the tops and bottoms of my hands and feet, my legs, my arms, and of course, my belly all itch like crazy. I feel like all I do lately is scratch, scratch, scratch! Nothing seems to help it either. Has anyone else experienced this and have any ideas on how to quell it?
I did figure out how to get the elephant ankles to go away though... but that was before the itching. I put on some soft, light socks and then wrapped each tightly in ace bandages. Within two days of doing this, I had my ankles back. It was the awesomest thing ever! The sad thing is they had been swollen for so long they literally feel like they have been sprained only without the insecurity of a sprain. I don't much care though, I am just glad to see my ankles again. Too bad I can't wrap them up again tonight... STUPID ITCHING!
I spent most of today just hanging out with my contractions, which never seemed to turn into labor contractions. *sigh* I guess I get to wake up early tomorrow and go to work while praying the FDA auditor doesn't make his rounds near my desk. I've pretty much given up hope that this baby is ever going to come out. I just know I will get there on the day of my scheduled c-section and they will tell me she still isn't ready and needs another 9 months in the package. :p
My next doctor appointment is in the morning. I don't know if I dare hope for good news, or if I should just accept the fact that Baby Bean simply refuses to eject herself from my womb on her own. I am sure I can look forward to another week of trying to keep my house clean between fits of exhaustion and another couple of trips to the grocery store to restock up on items used since the last trip. I realize I sound a bit negative, but believe me, I am saying all of this with a laugh and a smile. I plan on using the remaining days of my pregnancy learning how to calm and soothe a newborn while also recovering from a c-section. A bit of last minute cramming you might say.
For now, I am taking my itchy self and contracting tummy to bed. Night!






6 Thoughts:
ummm, i remember an old roommate of mine when she was pregnant would go take a shower when she was itchy.
Don't know if it actually works though?
(btw, still holding out for my birthday as the due-date! :P)
I feel your itch! I developed an entire body rash two days before I delivered. Not fun! Ask your OB, but I took Benadryl and used the cream. Have you tried any lotions? I hope it goes away soon!
I hope she comes soon. I'm so excited for you to become a mother, one of life's greatest joys. Plus you really only have 7 days left max.
So what did the doctor say this morning? Any news? It will all be over soon and you won't believe it. Sorry for the itching. I had some of that also. It is miserable, that along with getting up out of bed and trying to make it to go potty.
Hello my itchy friend, sorry to hear that you are in need of a scratch or three!
I don't remember being itchy with my two, but we are all so different and have different experiences. It will be one of those experiences that you will be able to tell her about when she grows up.
Hope all is well otherwise, I will be thinking of you more and more over the next week.
Chat soon, Liz
The itching has got to be the pits! Waiting SUCKS! I am still a few weeks behind you and absolutely cannot imagine how much more miserable you must be than I am!
Am dying to hear your next update... hopefully soon?
*hugs*
Post a Comment