Friday I spent the day reconnecting with old friends. First up I went for a waxing with my old hair dresser who sent me home with a bag full of brand new baby girl clothes. Next I headed down to the place where we last lived to visit old coworkers and one of my BFFs. It was strange as I drove into town, remembering that the last time I had seen the place was as we drove out of town to move away, tears streaming down my face. I choked back the tears as I drove by all the old familiar places. I had lunch with my BFF and another good friend of mine before heading back to my parent's house. It was kind of a relief that as I drove back out of town I was glad we didn't live there anymore. Being in the city brought back the flood of painful emotions that caused us to want to move away in the first place: being in a job I didn't like and going through infertility. We were so unhappy there. The only reason I was sad to go was because of my friends.
Saturday was the day of the baby shower. My dad and I went to a local restaurant and favorite to pick up the gigantic carrot sheet cake my mom had ordered. While we were gone, my mom got the shower decorations and lunch set up for our guests. I had just a half an hour to relax before guests started arriving. Family I hadn't seen in years, and friends I hadn't seen in months. The shower was wonderful. My mom did such a wonderful job putting it together and obviously spent a lot of time doing so. We made out with some pretty nice baby loot too. All I have to say is I really hope this baby IS a girl because we have a lot of pink and purple clothes and blankies! Hopefully our 3D ultrasound in two weeks confirms it. *fingers crossed!* Thank you again mom for all of your hard work and the love you put into the baby shower. I really appreciated it. You're the best! (See baby shower pictures in the post below.)
Saturday night I went to a hockey game with my little brother, and my best friend and his wife. Due to a ticket SNAFU, we ended up sitting just three rows from the ice next to the goalie. We were up front to all of the action and body checks into the glass and any fights that occurred at our end of the ice (and there were a couple of good ones).
Sunday sadly showed up two days before I was ready for it. As my dad drove me back to the airport, I felt that I had just barely arrived, and that the weekend went by too fast. For the first time since leaving in March, I was homesick, and it took all I had to keep from crying the entire way to the airport. I hugged my dad goodbye and cried all the way to the security line, where I tried so hard to check my tears until I was on the plane. Before I knew it, I was back home, and the weekend was over. It did help ease my aching that my sweetie brought my pooches with him to pick me up and they were so excited to see me.
Upon arriving home, I was welcomed by a wonderful surprise. Sweetie had been really busy all weekend trying to finish the floors and dry fitting the baseboards. He had begun to disassemble the bed currently in the baby's room, but quit when he realized how much I had stored under it. If it hadn't been for those boxes, the crib would have been set up and waiting for me when I got home. However, he pulled the mattress off the bed and bunked the beds in the spare room AND put my glider together. He also hung our wedding pictures in the front room that have been sitting behind the TV for months, and finished moving the last of the furniture into the room. I couldn't believe how much he had done while I was gone!
My next project is to get all of my stuff cleared out of the baby's room and start getting our nursery set up! Yay! Soon when people ask me if the nursery is set up, I will be able to say yes!






6 Thoughts:
Looks like you got a bunch of awesome stuff! Congrats! What an exciting time in your life!
Wow, what a GREAT weekend you had, hope you took an empty bag, how on earth did you get that all home. Well done to "sweetie" for doing so much at home too, bless. I seriously cannot believe you've only 87 days to go!! You look fantastic BTW, such a cute little bump!
Thanks for you comments, lap went well, onto another cycle now. ((HUGS))
I seriously had to hold back my tears as I walked away from your moms house. I miss you already. It was so much fun to see you and to hang out. Your mom was so awesome to put this great shower together for you. She did a good job.
My Dh always does stuff like that when I'm away - one time he repainted the whole bathroom (which I'd been begging for). Can't wait to see nursery pictures!
glad you had such a fabulous weekend at home, the shower pictures look so beautiful!!!! =)
yay for nursery progress!!!!
*hugs*
YAY for home!!! Hub and I are doing that soon! (His home anyway)
And YAY for baby shower!!!
Post a Comment