Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Winter Favorites

Before I met my husband who abhores cold weather and insists upon only vacationing to warm places, I used to really enjoy the winter months and the cold. I used to love being a tad chilly over being a tad warm. I always looked forward to pulling out the fall/winter wardrobe and layering my clothes. But since I have been married to my sweetie, I tend to enjoy being warm rather than chilly. I'm not sure what changed there, or how he got me to change my opinion, but he did. However, there are a few things that I still really enjoy about cold weather. I wanted to list a few of these things in an attempt to send warm feelings your way. :)
  1. Taking hot showers.
  2. The sound of the heater kicking on, and the way it smells when it starts pushing warm air through the house.
  3. Being under blankets.
  4. Snuggling under blankets with my husband or pooch.
  5. Turning on our gas fire place (aka The Gates of Hell).
  6. Eating soup! Especially cheese soup and warm, fresh baked bread.
  7. Wearing socks all day long.
  8. The way I look in my winter coat and Scottish wool scarf.
  9. Sitting under a blanket, watching TV while it snows outside.
  10. The way everything is snow covered and the way the sun shines on it after it has snowed.

2 Thoughts:

kam said... [Reply to comment]

I am glad you sent me a link to your blog! :)

I love winter too!! I always like to be a tad bit chilly too. And of course I love your list! I LOVE lists!!

You can feel free to add me to your blog LIST!! :)

Chelle said... [Reply to comment]

I love lists too! Especially ones that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary