Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

One-Month Update

Today is officialy four weeks since I underwent my endometrial resection. I can honestly say this has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life so far. I know I was told before the surgery that I would be easily exhausted for the next 6-12 months, but I didn't think they meant it!

Hubs and I went to Texas last week for Thanksgiving. We were supposed to be there for a full week. We began the trip with going to the annual Houston Renaissance Festival that we go to every year. We always dress up, and sometimes fly down there just to go to the festival with Hubs' friends. We spent approximately 6 hours walking around and looking at things last Saturday. Needless to say, by the end of the day I was completely swollen, and so exhausted all I could do the next two days was lay around. We ended up going home from Texas early because of the exhaustion and my grandma's funeral.

One of the very most frustrating things is that I still don't have the energy to clean my entire house in one day. It took me four days to clean my little house, and even then I didn't get it all done. After about an hour and a half of activity, I'm swollen and down for the count. It has brought me to tears more times than I can count.

Needless to say, I don't think my body is ready to house a baby yet, so we don't plan to even start trying until early next year. I don't think I will ever undergo an endometrial resection again. Its for the birds.

1 Thoughts:

kam said... [Reply to comment]

That doesn't sound so fun. You are brave... and I still never get my house clean in one day. What's the fun in that? :)

I hope you regain some of your energy soon!

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary