Baby Bean in Bullet Point
- Last week as Hubs and I were in the bathroom getting ready for work I heard what sounded like the lid on Baby Bean's diaper pail slamming shut. I waited for a second and then heard it again. I walked down the hall as Baby Bean emerged from her bedroom, diaper-free and stated, "I took off my diaper. It was wet. I put it in the garbage. I'm going to use my big girl potty now." And so she did! Hubs and I were laughing so hard. Baby Bean has never done anything like that before. Although she has done it a couple of times since.
- We are deep in the throes of potty training. I bought BB princess and Tin.ker Bel.l underwear and told her she couldn't pee in them because none of them liked to be peed on. We've been working on this the last couple of weeks. Usually I will put her in Big Girl Underwear and remind her constantly that if she needs to go potty, to go use her Big Girl Potty. Well, she always tells us she peed after it is too late. But this past weekend instead of going potty, she announced, "I pooped." In her brand new Tink.er Bel.l underwear. I told her it made Tink sad because she didn't like being pooped on. For the rest of the day BB kept telling people she pooped on Tink.er Bel.l. Oh my gosh that kid can make me laugh!
- We took BB to her very first movie in the theater on Saturday. She got to see the new W.innie the P.ooh movie, and she LOVED it. For the most part she sat quietly through the whole movie. I wish I had taken a picture of her walking hand-in-hand with her daddy into the theater as she carried her movie meal (in a box similar to a ha.ppy meal). That image was one of the most precious things I have ever seen.
- BB is growing up so fast and her vocabulary and language comprehension just blows my mind sometimes. She will say the most profound things. Like last week I went to the chiropractor and as we walked in and saw the doctor she said to him, "Mama is here to get adjusted." I have never used the term "adjusted" around her before. I was amazed. Also, a few weeks ago when we left the chiropractor's office there was a man standing outside dancing around in a hamburger suit for the deli next door. BB yelled to him, "Hi! Do you need a hug? Come here!" Again, I about died of laughter. We took her back to eat there that night and she got to give the hamburger a hug.
- Well, its official, both dogs are in the family way! I took Mags to the vet again tonight to check one more time for pups. The vet palpated her and declared he could feel pups. The vet tech and I looked at each other and squealed. Everyone who has come in contact with Mags instantly loves her because she is such a snugly, loveable pooch. The vet tech said she just might want one of Mags pups after meeting my dog. I know she won't take one, but it was cute of her to say that.
- I may have anywhere from 3-7 pups placed already. Two or three are for sure placed, and I am hoping the others will be placed once the puppies are born and everyone sees how cute they are. My plan is to post pictures at work in hopes that people there can't resist. Otherwise, I have a backup plan.
- Anybody want a puppy? :D
- The exercise regime is going well. I've gotten in some serious time on the treadmill at work four days last week, and already both days this week. I do my resistance training at home with an exercise ball, and let me tell you, that works those hard to reach lower ab muscles. I love that ball. In addition to working out, I have been doing really well about packing healthy lunches to work. It saves me money and some major calories. Tonight I swore I could see that my face is already looking thinner.
- I realized yesterday that my cycles started to get weird after Hubs and I got married and I became a much less active person. Before we got married I was always out and about and hardly ever home except to sleep. I'm hoping that with hitting the gym at the office 4 days a week and doing resistance training at home it will help with TTC and make my cycles like they used to be. Although I have to say the last two months have been promising. I haven't had "normal" cycles like this for a year. They aren't my single days normal, but at least they aren't all FUBARed like the last 12 months.
- This month marks 1 year since we were able to start TTC again. After this cycle, we will officially have been trying for 12 months. More on that in a later post.
- It is really stinking hot here in Texas and it is driving me insane. We had 9 days over 100 in June (JUNE, people!), and so far have had 14 over 100 this month with the prediction of the rest of the month being in the 100s. We usually don't hit the 100s here until August. I have to say, the heat is hard on morale. I started wearing skirts to work because pants are too hot. Before this summer, I was not a skirt or dress girl. I now own four skirts so I can wear a different skirt each day of the week and have Friday for blue jeans. But honestly, I'm considering finding a casual skirt for Fridays because blue jeans and 100+ temps = HOT AS HELL! Oh yeah, and our AC units (in Texas you have to have one AC unit for each floor of your house) run 16+ hours a day and can't keep our house below 80 during the hottest part of the day. EIGHTY! I am begging for fall already. The weather this year has been brutal with our week-long freeze in back in February and hotter than average summer.






10 Thoughts:
That is quite the update! BB sounds adorable and I hope potty train goes well! I've heard it's so hard, and I'm not looking forward to starting that. (I have a way to go on that one though)
And your dogs are pregnant. YAY! So exciting. :)
It's hot in MN too. Unfortunately, we don't experience dry heat, so although today will only be 95 degrees, because of the humidity, it will feel like 120 degrees. It literally feels like stepping into a sauna. It's gross!!! We have central air (do you guys have that in Texas?) and luckily it keeps the house really cool.
Speaking of ab workouts, you need to check this out: http://exerciseandpregnancy.blogspot.com/2011/07/first-ab-exercise-you-should-ever-learn.html
Celeste is a friend of mine who just launched her own product to help with Diastasis Recti (where your inner abs separate after being pregnant) and to go along with these ab workouts. My neighbor did her complete program and lost 4 inches around her already-tiny waist!
She started training me and I'm still in shock that I'd never heard of these very-easy exercises. No crunches, no sit ups... pretty much just breathing, but you can feel it!
Baby Bean is so adorable! It's great that she has such a wonderful vocabulary and can use it correctly.
I wish I could take a puppy! Kenny doesn't want pets and to tell you the truth I don't think I am ready.
Good job eating better and exercising! Who knew it could be such a hard thing to do? I'm so proud of you and your hard work.
BB sounds precious, so wish ya'll lived closer so Emery could have her as a girlfriend... and I could hang with you of course! She has no little girl friends around. All boys.
Congratulations on your soon to be furbaby babies. I am very stressed that our bully is pg. She was set to be spayed on a Tuesday and went into heat on the Friday before (at only 6 months). Ugh! We kept her and the Frenchie away from each other but it still worries me. I have never bred a dog and despite working for a vet for years have no expertise in that area.
How awesome you are already seeing results in the workout area. I have got to start doing something cause I'm getting fluffier by the minute. So sad. Years of infertility treatments/five IVFS have wreaked havoc on me. Need to get it under control.
And as for the heat, I HATE it. We only have one ac for a two story house but we put a window unit downstairs during Ike because we ran it off a generator. We've gotten to where we are turning the ac up during the day and running the window unit since we are downstairs. The ac just can't keep up and is making our bill sky-high. Stupid hot Texas weather! We have been getting a little rain the last week, hopefully ya'll are too.
BB is so cute! I love that she is telling everyone about pooping on Tink - hilarious! Good luck with the potty training, I know that can be difficult...
Congrats to your mama pups! I can't wait to see pics of all the little puppies, and BB will have such a good time with all of them!!!
And nice work on exercising and taking in your own lunches - so impressed!!!
Loved everything about this post (except the heat)!
The weather here is very similar in summer. We arent ALLOWED to turn our aircons on below 75f because our city cant handle the power draw!
BB is to stinkin cute! She cracks me up. I hope the potty training is going well and no more poo on tinkerbell.
Good for you for being so active and working out. I need to start, but life is just too busy with a baby (I know, I'm making excuses!). Post pictures of your hot self.
Wish I could have one of your pups!
I love potty training, my absolute favorite thing ever. Folks think I'm sick but I really love independent kiddos. We haven't done the movie theater yet but I'm looking forward to it. And I wish we could have a puppy but I want all the kiddos older for the sake of the dog, lol. And Yeah!! to exercising.
I definitely think that activity can help to regulate your cycle! Hoping that it proves to be true for you!
she is so cute! Awesome that she was so ready for potty training, that story is adorable!
Post a Comment