Baby Bean is definitely a patience tester lately. Grade A, Class 1. She is The Girl Who Cried Wolf so often, we never know when to take her seriously.
Thankfully when she throws a tantrum, they are more of the silent sort, or the crying sort. We don't have any where she throws herself on the floor while screaming and crying while pounding her fists, and we don't have the kind where she does "the limp noodle" in our arms. But we have the kind where she says, "No!" and stomps her foot. When she cries, she cries like it is the end of the world, and it takes very little to make that happen. For instance, if she is playing in my desk and gets a hold of something that I have to promptly take away for safety reasons, she cries like I just spanked her.
When she doesn't get her way, such as having candy for dinner, she cries.
When the dog licks her, she cries. Yes, for real.
When I don't let her take the hose and run around the back yard with it, she cries.
She also cries and claims that everything hurts so that when she really does get hurt, her dad and I have a tendency to blow her off. It makes me feel bad when I discover that she really IS hurt.
Some nights, it feels like everything makes her cry. It drives her daddy and me insane!
As if that wasn't enough, she is in that stage where she blatantly disobeys to see how much she can get away with. Even worse, she already lies. My sweet little baby tells bald face lies.
I just want to know what happened to my sweet little baby who was full of smiles and sunshine. The one who wanted nothing more than to make mom and dad happy.
But on the other side of this is a child who can make me laugh like no one else can. She says the most hilarious things that catch me off guard and undo my irritation with her in a split second. Her giggles are the best medicine in the world. I have never heard anything in my life that warms my heart the way Baby Bean does when she full out laughs. It is amazing.
Want to have a horrible day at work undone? Baby Bean can do that by grabbing your face and saying, "Mama, you're my best friend," or randomly saying, "I love you mama." She can relax the most frayed nerves by snuggling up with you to watch one of her many Di.sney movies. There is nothing like those big blue eyes and sweet little face. One of my favorite things (and her dad's least favorite) is eating fruit snacks together. I love it when she grabs two packs of fruit snacks and hands one to me, all on her own.
Admittedly, 2 is not my favorite age. I am definitely looking forward to her growing out of this phase. I heard that girls make you pay for it at this age, or pay for it when they are teenagers. I pray that that is right. I would rather take my beating now and have an easy teenager any day.
The bottom line is I love my child. More than the air I breathe. More than anything in this world. She is my everything. She is the reason I exist. She is brighter than the sunshine to me, and brings me more cheer than any rainbow. She's my baby, and I thank God every single day of her life that she is in mine.






12 Thoughts:
Sorry but the Three's may be worse. I hope not in your case though. Just keep your chin up, this will soon pass.
You are right. . . I don't think any parent escapes this stage. We are already in it with K Man, who is 18 months. Or maybe, we haven't hit it yet, which means when we do, certain behaviors will get worse. Oh vey! I think I'll just avoid all public settings for a while. :)
Oh yeah... those tantrums are draining aren't they!! M was and is also like that with the crying for everything, SO emotional, but then again like you said, they say these random things and you just feel like your heart is walking around outside your body. They are just the BEST, but there is no denying it's one of the most difficult jobs in the world isn't it, fortunately the rewards far outweigh the negatives. I'm with you on the paying for it now, I'm hoping that's the truth too!!! Isn't it funny how we all think we might have this child that will skip the terrible two's?!?! Cracks me up how good a parent I was until I actually had a child!!! How's Mags doing at Mil's??
((HUGS))
Oh girl, isn't it fun. I was the naive girl that thought I lucked out. Eight waited for the terrible 2's until she turned 3. The 2's were joyous and I thought I had skipped the hell everyone talked about. Oh no, she just saved it for 3-5. LOL! I remember just looking at her and thinking "who are you" and just being in shock. But it does get better and really the best part is, you will learn to deal with it better as time goes on. Eight's terrible stage came right after her switch to pre-school. I think she was exposed to more kids and more situations and learned different fit throwing skills :) But over time they do figure out that life as a good kid is much more fun!!!!!
Great post! Acknowledging the real, awful part, as well as the fabulous wonderful part of your 2 year old... Love it!
Oh Chelle,
you have to do another FULL post on how you deal with the tantrums! It's all head of me and I need tips!
HAHAHAHA.
I am so with you. Could have written this exact post. L has been a DREAM baby from the beginning, I thought SURELY we'd escape this "terrible 2" crap everyone hypes over. Yea, NOT. She's a total drama queen. It is the irrational stuff that drives me most crazy. When she does has a huge fit over something so minor like I give her the wrong color plate or something. She's not often willfully disobedient or mean, so there's not a lot of punishment I can do, it's more just like "CHILL OUT, KID!"
Oh the drama.
And everyone keeps telling me that 3 is worse. In fact, someone said "3.5 years old is the worst time for all humanity."
Joy.
xoxo
Oh no, is this what I have to look forward to? My Matthew is such a good baby now. I wonder if boys go through terrible two's different from girls? Doesn't matter, they call it 'terrible' for a reason right??
It's good that you look at all the positives that she brings into your life. How can you not with such a cutie face such as baby bean's??!!
I'm so there... I'm so there. Glad we're not alone. Dakota pooped in his diaper twice this week after I put him to bed (not unusual I know) stuck his hand in his pants and smeared it all over himself, his bed, and bedding. F*$king disgusting. Once we're through this we can make it through anything.
I have good news and bad news.... the good news is that 2 isn't forever. The bad news is that 3 follows. A day at a time lovely lady, patience, and a sense of humor can't hurt. Hang in there lovely lady. Feel free to email me any time you want.
Hey - I would cry if the dog licked me too! ;)
Seriously though, don't you sometimes wish you had the excuse of being 2 to throw whatever kind of temper tantrum you wanted to?!?
Sorry she's been so terrible friend... just wait though. I think 12 is going to be worse!
Sounds about right,a nd I am not eager for it! Love the photos in the next post.
Post a Comment