If I had even a penny for each time I have thanked God for my Baby Bean just over the last week alone, I wouldn't need to work anymore. This whole TTC thing and my false positive pregnancy test have thrown things back into perspective, and I have to say, I am grateful. So incredibly grateful. Sometimes I just need that reminder to not take what I have for granted.
This right here is what my world revolves around.
I look at that face, hear that sweet little voice and see that precious smile, and nothing else matters. The most beautiful thing I have ever heard in my life is, "I love you mama."
Since last week, I have been a lot more cognizant of the quality and quantity of time I spend with my daughter. I have been making even more of every moment. As I have said before, I don't want my struggle with infertility to rob her, and I am working so hard to ensure that never happens. Every night before she goes to bed, we sit in the rocking chair in her room and read a bed time story. I even do the voices because that is what makes a good story great. Once I say, "The End" she climbs down from my lap and clambers into bed. One night last week she patted the bed next to her and said, "C'mon mama." Now I know cribs turned toddler bed are not meant to hold the weight of an adult, but in this case, I am willing to take my chances. I curled up into bed next to my baby, and we sat there, staring into each other's eyes, smiling. Baby Bean then handed me her Peter Rabbit and instructed me on how to hold him while I suck my thumb just like she does. Since that night, I climb into bed next to her every night, and we talk while I hold Peter and she holds her puppy, and we smile, look up at the stars on her ceiling, and talk about her day. It is the best part of my day.
Over the weekend, Hubs and I took Baby Bean to a Renaissance fair, along with one of my BFFs and her two nephews. As is the tradition, we all dressed up. To tickle the grandparents pink, here are a buttload of pictures from the day.
Riding the lama. Lama, lama, lama...
And for everyone else's viewing pleasure, some pictures of me and the best friend I always dreamed of having:
And this picture makes me laugh my butt off. Seriously.
And one last picture of Baby Bean helping set up The Hick Pool.
Friends, I am so content with life right now. I am glad it didn't take me any longer than it did to get back to this place. My only regret is that it took this long, and that I still feel sad sometimes that things don't always go the way I would like. But then I remember just how great my life really is, and the things I want and don't have just aren't important anymore. I mean, does it get any better than having your 2-year-old sass you by saying "I just don't care" when you tell her why you don't want her to do something? (ROFL!)
Before I sign off, I have to share a story everyone seems to love to hear. I have to document it for posterity. About a month ago I was at C.VS with BB getting a prescription filled. I had her in one of those carts that has a little car on the front. We were going down a small isle where a worker was restocking a shelf. BB honked the car horn and said, "Move it stupid people!" The guy turned to me and said, "Someone has road rage." I replied, "Yeah, I hoped you didn't hear that." We both sat there and laughed. Ahhh my little monkey. Thank God for my sweet blessing and the joy she brings into my life.






21 Thoughts:
Adorable pics, so wonderful to hear you are happy! The faire must have been a lot of fun :) loved the pic of your dogs and the shopping cart story! Xo
Lol that story is so cute! The good news is you dont swear during road rage much or she would have too!
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post.
What beautiful pictures! That renaissance fair looked like a blast. :)
I'm glad you are in a better place. TTC and infertility can make us go to the lowest of low places, and it's always wonderful to be able to look at your life with great appreciation. :)
This is such a lovely and sweet post. I love how happy you sound!
This post gives me hope and makes me happy, all at the same time.
I'd love to crawl into bed, hold the rabbit and talk, too. ♥
Oh my gosh, Baby Bean is just sooo precious--and I love your friend's hair! I wanted hair like that when I was a kid :)
Hey Chelle, sweet sweet BB, she's adorable and I can see how she melts your heart everyday. I totally agree there is nothing better in this life than hearing 'I love you mama'.
I'm glad you're feeling better, I know the overwhelming mixed emotions this situation puts you in and I pray for peace for you while you go thru this. Btw, I've changed blogs.
Hugs
KEII
Hey Chelle, sweet sweet BB, she's adorable and I can see how she melts your heart everyday. I totally agree there is nothing better in this life than hearing 'I love you mama'.
I'm glad you're feeling better, I know the overwhelming mixed emotions this situation puts you in and I pray for peace for you while you go thru this. Btw, I've changed blogs.
Hugs
KEII
such a sweet post! I'm so glad to hear you're feeling back to yourself and so happy w/ life now. BB is seriously SO CUTE! Soak up every moment!
I am so happy that you are in a happy place. It sounds like you are soaking up every minute with her!
Love all the pictures. You guys all look great dressed up for the fair. And the story about the road rage is hilarious. I can't wait to see what she actually says when she's driving for real!
She's definitely cuter than cute, I love her little dress!
Keep smiling... the roller coaster is cruel. I pray for one good day at a time for you!
xoxo
I am so happy to hear you are in a good place. I love all the pictures and to road rage story in CVS actually made me laugh out loud at work!!
I'm soo glad you have found yourself back in this content place. I have missed you and baby bean, ok more so baby bean, she is the most beautiful little thing I have seen. I wish when we were in the States we could finally meet but I think you are a bit away from where we are going, but you inspire me, to think I could have a life like yours is just to much to dream, I don't think you realise how much of an inspiration you are to other. Can't wait to read more on your journey.
Those pics are awesome. Your babe is such a super cutie of raw amazing-ness and love love love the the crazy dog pic. It should be blown up and hung int he bathroom or something.
You've got to go see Soul Surfer friend. I watched it the other night expecting a surf movie, and somehow wound up comparing EVERYTHING to my infertility journey. And so much of it touches on what you are seeing here.
Check it out - you won't regret it!
I'm so glad that you're feeling so much better! Baby Bean is just so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing the pictures of the Renaissance Fair - Baby Bean just looks so cute in her dress :) Renaissance Fairs are a lot of fun, aren't they? The story about her road rage - too funny lol!! It sounds like Baby Bean is a Washington, DC driver - lol!
I love how you said you do not want to rob your daughter because of your infertility. I completely understand that. As much as I want another baby, I am so thankful for the most beautiful child I have ever seen who calls me mommy. I just expected to be just like my own mother and have babies whenver I wanted. But, here I am, 3 years after Bailey, and still not pregnant. I pray and plead for another baby but at the same time, I am so grateful for the one I have. The one who stole my heart!
Your daughter is so adorable! I know she gets her great personality from you. I'm glad that you are feeling pretty good about how things are right now. Keep your chin up.
Awww, this was such a joy to come to. So happy for you sweetie! Baby bean is sooooo adorable!!
So glad you're feeling better - and you're right - who could stay down with that adorable cutie pie around? :) -(squeeze)-
Post a Comment