Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

360 Degrees of a Broken Compass

I have been all over the place emotionally since Friday. In fact, in any 24-hour period I run the full 360 degrees of emotion. I am realizing that I am surprisingly just not okay this time. I don't know why this time is different than all of the times before, but it is. I find that when I think I am doing okay, and I am back to being me, I get thrown a rogue curve ball from out of no where and then I'm trying to choke back the tears.

If I have to really think about why I'm not handling this well, I would have to say it is because I feel robbed. I feel like the one thing that gave me hope has been stolen from me, and that is I knew exactly where I stood when AF showed on time. I don't have that anymore. I can now honestly say that there was a cycle where AF didn't show for over a week, and it wasn't because I was pregnant. I know that going forward if AF doesn't show, my first thought won't be about pregnancy tests, but rather, "Oh great. What's wrong with me now?"

The mornings seem to be the hardest, but it gets better as they day wears on. The only time I feel back to my old self is when I am around my daughter. Last night and tonight when we got home I spent the night playing with her and not caring about anything else. We went on a walk in the cold, played the dancing game on the Wii, watched some TV and snuggled, went on a hunt around the house for her baby doll, played soccer. We just had fun. There is nothing more therapeutic than hearing her laugh.

I told my supervisor at work about what was going on. I had to because my work has been suffering, and it came up in our team meeting yesterday morning. I messed up a simple, but very important task. I didn't mess it up once, but three times. Every time I had to start over, it had to go back to my supervisor and about 10 other people for approval, so they all knew how many times I had to pull it back and resubmit it. Luckily, as I have said before, I work for a very understanding man. He knows how hard all of this is on me, and he knows how emotional I am. We talked about things for 15 minutes or so; how I was emotionally, where my plans for TTC were headed, and how I would keep it from affecting my job.

People keep asking me what our next step is. I always have to stop and think, like maybe this time the question will shake my brain into finally figuring it out, but it never does. I always come up blank. I always tell them I don't know.

One thing I do know is that I refuse to do injectables again. No FSH or hCG shots for this girl. No IUIs, no IVF. That is where I draw the line. Basically I am not willing to do anymore than I already have been. The estrogen patches are enough synthetic hormone, and even then they appear to be too much for me.

Right now I am still in a daze, so much so that I can't even think about what our next step is. I am just putting one foot in front of the other and seeing where it gets me. I have no road map. No "baby hope" direction for the needle on my compass to point to. I am still numb as far as all of that is concerned.

At least I am able to find my life again in the eyes, face, and voice of my daughter. When I look at her, none of this matters. She is all that matters. Making the most of every minute of her childhood is all that matters. I love that child more than the air that I breathe and more than the chocolate that I eat. I don't care what happens now because I already have her.

11 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I hate that you're in this place right now friend... mostly because I've been in the same place myself for the last 2 months, and I know what an awful place it is to be... I wish there was some way to pull us BOTH out of it...

JourneyGirl & JourneyMan said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for your wonderful comment on my blog - it makes all the difference to have friends like you in the blogosphere.

To me it doesn't look like your compass is broken - you are focusing on your family and that is the most important thing. The IF world can throw so many crap things our way and it can be hard, so damn hard.

My thoughts are with you.

KE II said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Chelle, I feel your pain, nothing more I can say that will help but please know I'm thinking of you and praying for you. X ((hugs))

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I have been reading all week but just haven't had time to comment, sorry!

I love your heart and your honesty and I wish nothing more than that I could change things for you. I wish I could kick start your body or push fast forward for you, I hate to see the struggles but I know you will make it thru. The blows are harder and the AF thing was always the hardest thing on me. For some reason that was my womanly gauge and when it didn't show I felt like I was a complete failure even though it was 100% out of my control.

Baby Bean is the very best therapy for you - those big beautiful eyes and that contageous laugh will get you thru! I love you and I pray for you daily - please know I am just a phone call or text away if you need anything at all, seriously, anything!

I came across this quote this morning in my stash of goodness and I loved it so I thought I would share...“When nothing is sure, everything is possible.” ― Margaret Drabble

M.A said... [Reply to comment]

I know how difficult this is for you... but like you said in your last paragraph, you are able to find life again in your daughter. Keep her your focus and just look at her angelic face and you will feel much better. Give yourself a break from all these patches and such and spend some quality time with your family and when you do that, nothing else will matter... ((((hugs))))

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Chelle, I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know exactly how you feel because I've felt that way myself far too many times. I can understand why you don't want to do any injectables. Those hormones can really wreck havoc with your body .... even today I can still feel the after effects from my treatments. I am so glad that spending time with Baby Bean is helping you to feel better :) I'm also thankful that you have such an understanding boss. My boss has been understanding as well and it makes all of the difference. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as always. Please take good care of yourself.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

I'm so very sorry you're feeling all these things - it's so tough, I know. I'm proud of you for talking with your boss. I'm sure this was difficult to do, but it sounds like it was very important. Just know that all of us have your back, and we will hold your hand as you decide which path to take. Sending you a hug!

AL said... [Reply to comment]

It sounds like you are focusing on the right things, your family, your daughter and you are finding happiness in them. You will get through this - sending hugs.

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I had the best comment or advice to give but I don't. I think about you all the time and hope that things start turning so you end up on the top. You are a great mother, a wonderful wife, and an awesome friend. I hope that you are able to keep focusing on that and move forward. I hope the spirit is with you as you go through this trial. I love you.

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

I am so sorry that this sucks so much. I am thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

twondra said... [Reply to comment]

Oh sweetie. How I wish I could take this pain away. It's so not fair. I love you so much and hate that you're hurting and there isn't anything I can do.

Know this world is so much better with you in it. God has blessed me so much because you're in my life.

(((HUGS)))

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary