Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I Have Been Awarded

As you all know, I have been a bit AWOL from my blog(s) lately. As a result, a few wonderful women have bestowed upon me the Stylish Blogger award. I try not to disappoint, so I will first give thanks to Tammy, Jessica, Melissa, and Meara. You ladies are very sweet and kind, especially because I know you were all trying to cheer me up when you awarded me (just go with it). Thank you.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 other bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

So, 7 things huh?
  1. I never in a million years thought I would grow up to work in the profession I do. I think if my 10-year-old self knew what I would be doing for a living in 15 years, I would have cried myself to sleep every night for many years. Luckily, I have a good head for what I do, and I love it. I just wouldn't have realized it then.
  2. My battle with infertility cost me a 20-year-friendship. Sometimes the price of our journey's goes well beyond the cost of our hope, faith, and dignity. I wish that the rest of the world knew just what a struggle infertility can be, and the hefty price tag that can come with it.
  3. I have trained 8 dogs in my lifetime. They all belonged either to me or my dad. I'm no Caesar Mil.lan, but I have a pretty good idea of how to work with dogs.
  4. I laugh uncontrollably when anyone steps on anything crunchy. When I would go to the movies with my friends, they would throw popcorn on the floor because they knew how hard I would laugh when people stepped on it. I'm laughing as I write this, just thinking about people stepping on popcorn. I also used to work at a food joint where my coworkers would throw chips on the floor and step on them just to make me laugh.
  5. Today I laughed out loud when I thought about the fact that my dogs LOVE to play soccer and what that could mean for my gerbil-in-a-ball. I laughed harder at the mental picture of a gerbil screaming inside a gerbil ball as he got kicked across the room by a playful dog. (Don't worry, I won't let that happen.)
  6. My daughter is definitely my proxy -- I do and buy things for her I wish I had had when I was child. I never wanted to grow up, and I find that being a mother allows the child in me to come back out and play. To me, being an adult means having the freedom of doing all of the things I always dreamed of doing when I was a kid. I am constantly pleasing my child within, and intend to do so for the rest of my life.
  7. I bought myself a Kin.dle for my birthday. I buy presents for myself a lot. Because I can.
I am supposed to tag 15 people, but it is getting late and I am tired, so I am just going to list out a few people I know who would really love to receive this award. Without further ado, I present this award to:
  1. Heather's Daily Life
  2. Cherish This Baby
  3. Dreaming of Where I Want To Be
  4. Alex's Adventures
  5. The Chronicles of Marla
  6. Bio Girl
  7. Let It Be
  8. You Found What In There?
  9. The Desire of My Heart
  10. Life of the Bees
  11. Matt and Crystal
  12. Anyone else who wants this award
If you've already had it, or you don't do awards, then feel free to bow out. Otherwise, get to posting and passing!

6 Thoughts:

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I knew you in real life because I would love to see you laugh when people step on crunchy things! LOL

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

I laughed too at the visual of a gerbil in a ball. Lol. And don't forget you also used to throw tortillas just to see them on the security camera.

And yes, I am sure if I told the 10-year-old you that you wouldnt grow up to be a vet, you would cry.

I love you and am glad you do have a good life and are happy...most of the time. ;)

Just think how happy you will be in may. :D

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Yeah for a Kindle!!!! So exciting, isn't buying yourself presents fun! :)

Sarah said... [Reply to comment]

SO jealous of the kindle! I want to buy myself one too!!!!

Thanks so much for the award :) You rock!

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Oh you're so sweet - thanks for the award!

And that's awesome about the Kindle - I love reading books via my iphone Kindle app - will never go back to regular old books. Good for you for doing something nice for yourself!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

Congrats on the award and I know Baby bean's bday will be super adorable because she is.

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary