Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm on the Patch

Today has just been one of those days. The kind where you just can't wait for the sun to go down upon it so you can close your eyes and pretend it never happened. It was one of those days that shouldn't have been one of those days. It should have been a good day, but it wasn't.

Today I had a CD9 appointment with my RE (fertility doctor) to see if we could figure out why I keep spotting during my LP, since we know it is definitely not due to low progesterone. I thought we were just doing a sono, but he did a sonohystogram instead. As soon as he began the sono, he could see that my lining is not thick enough and is not quite where it should be for CD9, which is what he suspected may have been the problem the last couple months. He explained to me what he wanted to see at this stage in my cycle compared to what he was seeing on the monitor.

I started to cry. Why does this have to be a constant battle? How come every time I get to a place where I am ready to put the stress and worry about it from my life, it gives me another black eye? I asked him if this was my fault, if it was due to my stressing too much about it. He said he didn't think so. The body should produce plenty of estrogen whether or not I am in a stressful state.

I asked him if this cycle was a throw away, and he said no. He put me on an estrogen patch that I am to change out every three days. I don't know how long I will be on it yet, but I have to go back in on Thursday for another sono to check the progress of the lining.

I then asked how we knew my body was ready for pregnancy and that this wasn't a sign it wasn't. He showed me the repair site in the fundus of the uterus, and even I could see that the spot is healed and looks amazing. Even the scarring has gone down. He assured me it is healed enough for pregnancy.

The only other thing that could be causing the mid-cycle spotting is polyps, but he isn't ready to check for those just yet. He wants to give things another two months and go from there if necessary.

On my way to the RE, I had made a quick call to Baby Bean's pediatrician to get her in for an appointment. I was pretty sure she had pink eye and was concerned that she might have another ear infection. The poor little thing already has a yeast infection. Sure enough, it was all as I had suspected. I am sure she feels like she is getting kind of dumped on lately too. Poor baby girl.

As if that wasn't enough dumpy news for one day, apparently I threw my neck out playing that W.ii Dance game last night, so I couldn't turn my head to the right. It was so painful. So on our way from daycare to BB's pediatrician appointment, I stopped in at a chiropractic office I haven't been to since I was 6 months pregnant. I was prepared to beg to get an adjustment if I needed to. Luckily the chiropractor was able to fit me in for a quick adjustment, for which I was completely grateful. She got me done just in time for Baby Bean's appointment too.

But the fun didn't end there. After Baby Bean's appointment we went to Wal.mart to drop off our prescriptions. I went to the drive thru because I was in a hurry to get us lunch and get BB home for a nap. I put our papers in the vacuum shoot and sat there. And sat there. And sat there. I pushed the call button. Nothing. At this point, I was seriously ticked off. I had to park clear out in the lower 40, unbuckle BB, and hoof it inside just to give them a birth date so they could fill the stupid things. But I was so mad I did something completely out of character for me: I yelled at the people behind the counter. I have never in my life done that before.

After we left, we got lunch and BB went down for a nap. I watched a movie and put ice on my neck, an then put up Christmas lights in the bushes in front of our house. By the time I was done it was 4:00, so I grabbed BB and went to go get our prescriptions. When I got there, they told me my RE had not put the date on the prescription and they had not been able to get a hold of his office to have them verify it. So I got BB's prescriptions and made a quick call to the RE. The nurse told me she had tried to call them back, but they put her on hold forever and she finally hung up.

I told the pharmacist she was waiting for their call to which he replied he did not have time to call her back just then. I told him it was 4:30 and the doctor's office closed in half an hour. Then he made a big mistake. He told me he had all these people waiting in line for their prescriptions too and he was too busy to have anyone on his staff make the call.

EXCUSE ME?! I had dropped my prescription off FOUR HOURS before. They had PLENTY of time to get things straightened out, AND my doctor's nurse HAD called them back and they put her on hold until she hung up.

So what did I do? I let him have it. It wasn't like I had just dropped off the prescription and was being unreasonable. I needed it TONIGHT because I have an appointment in two days that hinges around the results of my starting that prescription TONIGHT. Add to that the whole situation from earlier today and I had had it. I finally just walked off. I was livid.

Just as I was walking away, the nurse called and said she had tried to call the pharmacy just then and couldn't get through. I told her what was going on and had her call it into a Tar.get pharmacy instead, vowing I would never bother the super busy Wal.mart pharmacy again. Not like they care, but *I* do.

A trip that should have taken me half an hour to pick up prescriptions turned into a two+ hour ordeal that left me wishing certain people were made out of chocolate so I could bite their heads off.

Luckily once I got home Hubs was able to defuse the situation and calm me down. I love that man.

And now, today is over. My patch is on, and I am ready to put this whole day behind me and forget it ever happened. I really loathe days like today.

10 Thoughts:

S.I.F. said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry friend. I'm just sorry. What a crap day, and seriously, never go to that pharmacy again! Uggggg!! That just makes me angry FOR you!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

EEEK! What a day girl, I hope your head hitting the pillow helped and today is 1 billion times better! Praying the estrogen patches do their job well and that Thursday's appointment is more encouraging. I hope BB feels better soon too. Love you girls!

Leah said... [Reply to comment]

Oh Michelle,
I got stressed just reading this update. I'm so sorry. How entirely frustrating. :( I know how it feels to feel good about life, just to gte knocked down again, and I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. You are such a resilient woman, and I know what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger. Thinking of you, and hoping those estrogen patches work. :)

Suzanne said... [Reply to comment]

What an awful day! I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that frustration and hassle.

Jill said... [Reply to comment]

I'm sorry you had a day like that. I don't usually lose my cool either but sometimes I feel like it is justified. I feel like if people are doing their job and something crappy happens that is beyond their control then I try to be as pleasant as possible. But if I feel like they screwed up and don't want to fix it they will hear from me! Glad everything was sorted and today is a new day. :)

Mazzy said... [Reply to comment]

So, I wrote Walmart's pharmacy off a few years ago and have been going to Target ever since. I don't care if Walmart is cheaper, their customer service SUCKS and I spent one too many day standing in a LONG ASS line there. The end.

I had to take estrogen pills when we were cycling, it was all for lining building and, TA DA, it obviously worked. I am quite low-estrogen by nature, as are most PCOSers. I am SURE these patches will help tremendously. I am so glad you are back at your RE, you need that right now.

I hope today is a better day for you all.
xoxo

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said... [Reply to comment]

Ugggggh! Reason number four zillion and fifty-two why I HATE Wal-Mart: RUDE employees! Gah. Can't stand that place. I am so sorry that that happened to you! Fingers crossed that this patch is a magic bullet for you.

Alex said... [Reply to comment]

Oh you poor thing - what a terrible day!!! I'll be your patch buddy - I have one too!!!

Get some rest, and I hope tomorrow is better!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

To better days ahead: congrats on the patch lovely lady!

Barb said... [Reply to comment]

WM pharm is HORRIBLE

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary