As I said before, I am blessed with my wonderful husband who very sweetly pointed out to me a couple of days ago that I was not myself because of the patches. It hadn't really occurred to me that that was my problem until he said something. Of course, he pointed this out as I was sitting in my car in the parking lot at work ripping him a new one with my eyes red and swollen from crying, a pile of tissues littering the floor on the passenger side of the car. "You don't respond well to having your hormones messed with. I knew this was coming the second you told me you had to wear the patches." Once he said that, it was like a light went on in my head. Duh! I AM acting like a crazy lunatic! And it ISN'T because I'm a crazy lunatic! Phew!
The beautiful thing about realizing I am not myself is I can make changes in my attitude to balance out the crazy that comes from "medical reproductive assistance." I don't know how I do it, but I make a subconscious effort to keep that hormonal monster under wraps. It's like night and day. I go from asking God "Why me?" to realizing this is just how it is. I go from being upset that I am having to go through this crap again to get another baby to accepting this is just what I have to do and being okay with it. It's really not that big of a deal. It's a speed bump, a minor inconvenience, but I can handle it. I really can. This is seriously small change compared to an IUI or even IVF. I'll take this over that any day of the week.
I can handle this, and I can do this. Compared to the size of my determination, this is an ear wig, waiting to be squashed under my shoe. I can still live my life perfectly fine and normal this way. Besides which, I have the most gorgeous little girl to help focus my attention away from all of this mess, and right now, she is doing a great job at it. I can say this, going through this again definitely brings me even closer to my daughter. Gobsmacking I know! Who would have thought it was possible to love that little girl anymore?! It just reminds me to appreciate the gift that she is and to cherish each and every moment I have with her before they pass and she grows up.
Infertility, I hate you, but I am grateful for the gifts you have given me.






8 Thoughts:
Your husband is amazing! And this is such a lovely post.
Ah! Icky hormones. So glad that your DH can tolerate and treat you so well, what a great guy you have!
I can't get the Red Hot Chili Peppers Rollercoaster song out of my head after reading the title of your post. ;) Gotta love hormones but I so love your persistence and determination - that's my girl. And I LOVE the last sentence!! Love you girl, hope you have a great Christmas!
Thinking of you ((hugs)). Also? I *love* the new blog design!
Hey Chelle, I can totally relate, and I hate to say it but I do not miss those mood swings, they are just so incredibly overwhelming. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend. I'm so glad you're able to see and appreciate your darling little girl, my goodness she is the cuteness thing, I love the pics on the new layout, she looks heaps like you I reckon, does she as a child?? Hoping you have a blessed Christmas and a fantastic New Year. ((HUGS))
Hate those dang hormones! They are some nasty things. :(
Always here for you hon. If you need someone to cry to, laugh at or yell at or anything....I'm here. :)
Hang in there lovely lady. I know you can do this! Hope your family had a great Christmas!
I am so sorry. I know that hormonal roller coaster all too well. Your husband sounds like such a gem, you are so blessed. I am praying for you.
Hope your holidays were fantastic.
xoxo
Post a Comment