Mother's Day yesterday was a pretty good day. Baby Bean decided she wanted to tell me happy mother's day really early... as in 3:45 a.m. She has been sleeping until at least 6:30 a.m. and sometimes even until 9:00 a.m., but not Sunday. Nope, she wanted mama to come in and feed her super early. I thought that would mean she would make it to her 9:00 feeding just fine. Guess again! I was awakened next at 7:45. By 8:00 I was up and ornery as a hibernating bear awoken a month early. I had spent the whole day before cleaning the house and ehausting myself. I needed the sleep I wasn't getting. The worst part? I wanted to be pissy because I was seriously sleepy. But the second I went in to ornerily dress Baby Bean, she was all smiles and coos. Gah! It is impossible to be upset when she is so freaking cute! After I got her dressed and fed, Hubs took over and I went back upstairs and slept until her next feeding at 1:00.
That night we went over to my friend's house for a cookout with her, her husband, and all of her family. We stayed for a few hours and had a great time. She is an absolute doll, and after meeting her family, I could see where she got her personality. They are a great bunch of people. (The food was pretty tasty too!)
Today, my door was darkened by the visitor who has been absent for over a year. Yep, I'm back in the cycle saddle. As usual, I have mixed emotions. Part of me is sad I have to deal with this crap again, but part of me is excited because it means I get to start counting down the months until we get to try for baby #2. The other downside, I get to meet another new friend... Nu.va Ri.ng. Again, mixed emotions. Part of me is afraid of the potential hormonal wench it could turn me into, while the other part of me views it as another way to count down. I only have to use 8-9 rings and then I'm done. The infertile in me is scared to go on it because I am afraid it will throw things out of wack again and I'll be back in the doctor's office for stims and shots when I'm done. But all things considered, I am surprisingly almost excited to begin. I thought it would be really hard to go on birth control while my brain is still adjusting to how ironic it is after being infertile, but I am okay with it just because of the countdown factor.
I'm going to cut this post off right here because Hubs is ready to watch a little TV and snug. I hope you all had a great weekend. Hooray to Monday being down!






3 Thoughts:
Thank you for posting the link to your entry with the article about what to say (and what not to say) to an infertile couple. So, so, so very true, and I commend you for having the courage to send it out to people. I'm getting very close!
It's so nice to have blogger friends such as yourself who know what this feels like. Honestly, I don't know how we'd get through this without people who have walked this road.
Thank you so much for your sweet comments, and Happy Mother's Day. :-D
Sounds like you had a fun Mother's day with your friends. How can Baby Bean not make you happier? She is so adorable.
I totally do that with post topics, too! I'll even compose them in my head at times, but can never remember them when I sit down to write them. I may be resorting to pics more often just so I have something to post. :) Thanks for the comments!
Post a Comment