Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Birthday!

I just wanted to take a minute and say happy birthday to my newest (just over 1 year now) and closest living (lives less than a mile away from me and works about 250 steps from my desk) best friend.

Last April 12, I posted about my new best friend, and boy has the time flown since that day. Over the past year she has been there for me through thick and thin. Helped me through the rough spots and rejoiced with me through the best spots, even when sometimes my joys were hard for her to celebrate. She hugged me when I cried, cheered when things went my way, and shared in my triumphs over life. She has had to do some major damage control from the best friend I had to leave behind just over a year and a half ago. She showed me what it is really like to have an honest-to-God best friend. Someone not related who really cares about you the way your loved ones do. Man, is it fantastic!

I am seriously, honestly, wonderfully blessed to have her in my life. This is the same best friend who took the awesomest pictures of Baby Bean that were better than any professional photographer I could have gone to.

A couple of weeks ago she called me on the phone at work and told me that her wonderful sister (single mother of two) had given her the best birthday present ever. I could hear the emotion over the phone as she told me her sister bought her a trip to the one place in the whole world she has ever wanted to go: Ireland.

That's right, for her fabulous 30th birthday, which is today, my best friend got to go to Ireland and share this special day catching the luck of the Irish!

To show her how much I appreciate her friendship over the past 13+ months, I had my sister make her a gorgeous necklace and told her to hell with the price. I wanted the best. Then for her trip to Ireland, I put together a little photo scavenger hunt book for her from my trip there just over two years ago. I took pictures of the necklace and book, but apparently I didn't save them to the right place in my phone which is half a house away right now, and so I will have to post them later, as it is late and this mom has been run ragged today.

But before I head off to dreamland for the night, I just wanted to say:

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY LISH!!!

To one of the best, best friends I have and have ever had. I love you loads, and I hope your trip is everything you thought it would be and more. You deserve it!

2 Thoughts:

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

Happy Birthday friend of Michelle. She talks about you all the time. How great you are to her. I'm so glad she has you in her life right now. I am completely jealous.

Infertility is Hard said... [Reply to comment]

How amazing to have such a great friend, and you sound like an amazing friend yourself! You guys are both lucky to have each other, and I'm sure you both know it. I'm going to Ireland for my 30th birthday too. Yay! :-D

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary