Saturday morning I got up early to let Sades out at her regularly scheduled time, and put Mags out shortly after that, and then went back to bed. A few hours later I got up to start my day. The pups had been outside for a few hours, and Maggie was already in trouble with Hubs for getting behind the air conditioner compressors again. We've been trying to keep her out of there for so many reasons, but she just doesn't seem to want to listen, and no barrier can keep her out. I know she goes back there to get away from Sadie and to keep cool (she dug two GIGANTIC holes that are a foot and a half deep each), but we really don't want her messing up the new AC (like she already has), or the old one for that matter. One of Hubs' projects for this weekend was to build a 7-foot fence to keep the dogs out of there from now on.
Anyhow, I let the dogs in and gave them both a bath. While I was washing Mags, I felt something attached to her belly. I thought it was a piece of poo, so I decided not to touch it and just try to spray it off. I didn't think much of it after that. Later Mags was being extremely disobedient, so I began verbally scolding her. I scolded her for a few minutes until she gave me those gigantic puppy eyes and broke my dang heart, so I called her over and began petting her while apologizing for yelling at her. She rolled over to expose her belly and that is when I saw it. I thought at first it was a piece of dog food stuck to her belly, but upon closer inspection I realized it had legs and was feeding on my pup! Not sure what to do, I sort of freaked out and ran her downstairs to my sweetie, pleading with him to help her. He extraced the bug and I called the vet and then rushed her over. The vet confirmed that the insect was a tick. A TICK?! Maggie is on the best flea and tick control available on the market, but it turns out it was low in her system because she was due for her next dose the next day. The vet put her on a mild antibiotic and told me to bring her back in the following week. Guess where Maggie picked up said tick? Yep, by the AC compressors.
I felt so horrible that Mags had had such a rough morning and that I had scolded her (even though she was bad), so I took her down the toy isle at the pet store before we left and let her pick out a brand new toy. The great news is her antibiotics have been working for both her tick bite, and the rash she acquired from being behind the AC compressors (just one of the many reasons we didn't want her back there). Today Hubs built a 7-foot fence to keep her from getting back by the compressors again.
The rest of our weekend was spent doing our respective projects. Mine included deep cleaning the house from top to bottom (it took all three days), grocery shopping, doing laundry, a surprise visit to the vet, and home improvement shopping. Hubs spent his weekend measuring out the entire lower floor of our house so that he could FINALLY, FINALLY go buy baseboards to finish off our floors after four and a half months in this house, going to the home improvement store and FINALLY buying the baseboards (I thought we had reached this step last week when we bought one piece of floor board to determine how much and what we would need, but nope! That was apparently so he could cut off a 6" piece to lay against the wall to see how it would look and then contemplate it all week [can you tell it has been driving me insane?!]), and building a 3-foot section of fence.
Now that the baseboards and everything needed to get them in has been purchased, does anyone want to place bets on how long it takes for him to actually start finishing the floors and putting in baseboards? Seriously, I am going insane. JUST GET IT DONE ALREADY!!! OH MY HELL!!! I am so sick of our house looking like we just moved in, or like we are stuck in some project limbo. ARGH!
ROFLMAO! Even WE know better!"






4 Thoughts:
Hahaha, you sound like I did when we were trying to finish our basement. It was right before baby came so of course I was an extra pain in the butt.
Your dogs are adorable.
And I am so tired of that same thing in our house. sigh. The one time i tried to finish a project b/c he wouldn't, he ripped it up b/c it wasn't right. sigh again. Here with ya sister.
Cute little Sadie Roo! Is she going to stay shorter haired or will it grow out longer like Maggies?
We're hoping Sadie's fur will get longer. It seems to be growing out a bit more every week, especially the white on the tip of her tail. It has also started to grow quite curly down her back bone. I think she is still just in the puppy fur phase. :)
Post a Comment