Find other Adoption/Loss/Infertility bloggers who share your struggles by visiting the Stirrup Queen's ALI Blog Roll.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Houston, We Have Movement!

Last night while I was laying in bed I finally felt what I've been waiting for: Baby Movement! I knew right off that it wasn't just a gas bubble because it felt quite different to me (that and I didn't have gas a few minutes later). I thought that I felt the baby a couple of times throughout the day, but it was hard to tell during the hustle and bustle of work.

Speaking of work, do I have to go back tomorrow? Cause I know what is waiting for me, and it is the same thing that was pissing me off to no end when I left almost an hour and a half late tonight, starving, and wanting only to be home. All I can say is when this manual is finally off my desk for the next two years, I am seriously going to party. Did someone say crab legs? Sounds like my idea of a celebration.

On the pregnancy front, things are still as awesome as ever. I have managed to be able to find Baby Bean right off with the doppler every night for the past week with the exception of one night where she decided to be mean to mom and hide out until mom cried to dad who basically told her to knock it off.

I'm not sure if my recent allergies are due to the pregnancy or just the time of year in Texas. Either way, the constant sneezing has been driving me completely bonkers. My nose is raw from blowing it all of the time. Let's blame this one on Texas.

And I'm not sure if my round ligament pains started on their own, or if it is a coincidence that they coincided with my complete frustration at work and the blasted manual that just won't go away. Let's blame that one on work.

And who could forget the eye twitching that started up about two weeks ago and refuses to settle down? I haven't wanted to punch myself in the eye this bad since my senior year of college when my eye twitched nonstop for over two weeks. It did make me feel a bit better when my other BFF told me she had the same problem during her pregnancy (you know who you are! [the very same BFF who has been helping me pick out baby gear online all week, you fantastic blessing!]).

Now here I sit, eye twitching while I rip CDs, listening to somewhat soulful music, waiting for the time to pass so that the horrendous last two hours of my work day can be forgotten, and I can lay in bed, propped up against my pillows while snuggling Mags, watching my TV show "Life of the Am Teen", hoping for more fetal movement. Only 45 minutes to go....

4 Thoughts:

Potters said... [Reply to comment]

I hope all this will pass once you have the manual done. Thanks for making the last couple of days better for me. You are a great listener.

Two Hands said... [Reply to comment]

The sneezing thing is probably pregnancy related too. I get the eye twitchies when I'm overtired (and almost constant state when pregnant). I hope both pass and that you are left with a blissfully growing baby whose kicks and rolls light up your every day.

Jen D. said... [Reply to comment]

I read that low calcium/vit. D levels and possibly low magnesium contribute to eye twiches. Since I upped my doses, they seem to have stopped...it's worth a try! :)

La La said... [Reply to comment]

18 weeks already!? Why can't my pregnancy be moving along that quickly!? lol

Congrats on the baby movement - amazing, huh?

 

Template by: Bright Sunshine Designs by Mary